Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

What a Weekend

Busy season is finally over!   I hope.  Even though he worked a lot the first four days of this week, he didn't have to work last weekend, and he had yesterday off.  We have gotten more done around the house in the last two weekends than in the last 4 months.  It has been awesome!!

Last weekend we finally got around to doing some of our spring planting.  We planted a couple of vegetable bushes, a cutting garden, and a mixed pot of flowers.   I am looking forward to how it all turns out if we can keep the snails away.  Kyle also filled in the dirt around our new patio and seeded the dirt for grass. Once the grass comes in and the patio looks complete, I will have to post a picture.  This weekend, I finally painted the front door.  It has only taken 3 1/2 years to get it done.  However it looks great.

I try to make one new main dish recipe each week.  I have been doing this ever since Katelyn was born and I started staying home.  Last night we had both a new main dish and a new side dish - and Kyle & I like them both!  Brooklyn liked them to, but Katelyn still isn't eating much that doesn't come out of the freezer, a can, or a box.  We grilled some Marinated Chicken Drumsticks.  (Not my picture.)

The recipe is from my favorite deals/couponing website.  We also made some Sweet Potatoes.  (I found this recipe on Pinterest.)  It was the first time I have ever made sweet potatoes, other than in a casserole for Thanksgiving, and they were great.
Smashed Sweet Potatoes-Spicy, sweet, crunchy outside
Definitely making both of these recipes again.

This evening we joined my family for dinner.  All-in-all a very great weekend.  Until we got home and realized that Katelyn had a temp of 102.0 . . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment