Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The curtains are done!

I finally finished my project!  I only had the material for about 9 months.  The nursery has never had curtains, although I always had good intentions.  The thing that really threw me was the top window, which as an arc, and I was having a difficult time trying to decide what to do with it.  The bedding in the room has pinwheels and I found the perfect window curtains that are the same blue and brown with pinwheels.  There are also pink pinwheels to make the room a little more girlie.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm trying to figure out how you got the top curtain rod at the right curve to fit the window?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought an arch rod. Not totally sure if that is what it is called. I bought mine at JCPenney's for like $10 or $15. It is a clear plastic tube (I had to join 2 together - which was in one kit) that you fit the fabric around, then, there are snaps that you snap it into along the arch.

    If I were to do it again, I would not gather it, but rather have it hang straight. Then you wouldn't see the light and it would be much easier to get the right size and shape.

    ReplyDelete