Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's a New Year!

Making breakfast each morning is not something that I can say we do in our home.  We are pretty much a cereal (or other convenient breakfast) family in our house.  Mainly, I'm probably just not enough of a morning person to get up early enough to have breakfast ready for our early riser (Katelyn is up and ready for breakfast by 6:30 every morning).  However, I do think that it is fun to switch it up every so often.  I decided that it sounded like fun to make breakfast on New Year's morning and eat it while watching the Rose Parade.  This is a tradition that we always had while I was growing up.

I decided to make a recipe that I got from Pinterest.  It is a Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole, made from canned cinnamon rolls.  It turned out pretty well and I think everyone had seconds.  Here is a link to the recipe - http://ohmysugarhigh.com/cinnamon-french-toast-bake-from-pillsbury-recipe/ .

My finished dish - looked delicious.

Eating breakfast in the living room while watching the parade!

Later that day we went to my parent's house and then to my aunt & uncle's house to celebrate Christmas with my Mom's side of the family as we had been out of town for the week of Christmas.  The girls got new Crocs that they wear everywhere.  Evidently I didn't take any other pics that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment