Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back to reality

We might not have kids in school yet, but this month has been crazy for us just the same.  So far this month we have been to Sea World, the county fair, and an Angel's baseball game.  Katelyn has started Sunday School (and Kyle & I have been attending adult class) and soccer for the first time.  My Wednesday morning Bible Study and our couple Bible study both started this past week for the year.  Kyle took a 3 day trip to Seattle for work and has again been quite busy for work.  This is also my busy time at work as we have been working on a large project and also the budget for next year.  I've been working more like 2 days a week, than 1.  So that's a little summary of what we have been up to, I hope to do some more detailed posts on some of our day trips in the coming days.

I have been continuing to work with Katelyn on 'preschooling'.  Right now (as previously mentioned), she is learning to read!  We are day 16 of 100 in Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
She is now starting to sound out small words like 'mat', 'rat', 'read', etc.  It seems to be working well, but she does get frustrated that I ask her to sound out words before I tell her what the word is.  Telling her that is the point doesn't seem to help. . .

We are also getting close to completion in the bathroom.  Kyle leveled the vanity yesterday and we glued on the counter-top.  Pretty much all that is needed is the sink faucets, mirrors, and some more framing around a couple doors.  The bathroom and shower are completely done and we have been using the shower for about a week now.

As I mentioned above, we went to an Angel's game last night.  Kyle's work had their annual trip.  They actually had a hotdog buffet and snacks for us near one of the entrances before the game, which was a first, and quite nice.  Brookie was pretty tired and we left after the 6th inning, which was more than we thought we would be able to see.
The Cuties.  Katelyn has been needing a new hat, so she was pretty excited about this one.

Oh, and we got something else exciting this past week.  I got my first smartphone!  I'm a little excited.  Kyle has had one for almost 2 years, but my phone still did not have internet.  I got the Samsung Galaxy S3 for all you tech people out there.  Kyle also got a new upgraded smartphone.

Tomorrow will be a big day for us.  I am going to be potty training Brooklyn.  I'm sure I will be sharing more in another post, but it will be a pretty intense day for me as we are going straight to underwear.  Katelyn will be with my Mom for the day so I can focus on Brooklyn only.  Wish me luck (and pray that God will grant me patience - even more than normal).

No comments:

Post a Comment