Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Crafting - A new Door Sign & Headband Holder

I don't know what has gotten into me lately.  I think it is the 'nesting', that is making me want to get all organized and get things finished.

Front Door Decor:
I made this 'D' for our front door.

I bought the supplies for this item probably a year ago.  I got the idea from Pinterest, with the following picture.

It did not go as easily as I had hoped and if I ever had to do it again, I would use normal burlap, not twine.  I would work on it for an hour or two and then get sick of it and quit for a couple months.  The main issue is that the letter 'D' requires the twine to put through the hole, over and over again, rather than just wrapping it.  Also, because of the way this letter was, I had to use a lot of hot glue to get it to stay in place.  I do like how it turned out though.  It is not currently on the door as I have an Easter sign up, but I plan to use it during times when I don't have holiday/seasonal decor.

Headband Holder:
I made myself finish the project above before starting on a new project, but then I was able to quickly finish my next project which I had also purchased the items for a long time ago and just never gotten around to completing.  I made this headband holder for the girls.


It is about 2 feet long, with the middle ribbon being sewn every 2 1/2 inches per 4 inches of ribbon.  I like how it turned out and it is already completely full.  It is great to have the headbands out of the drawer where they were taking up a lot of space and making it hard to find other things.

This is the image from Pinterest that gave me the idea.


I hope this motivation to work through my project list continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment