Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Animal Life

Well, we are in the final countdown on baby girl #3.  My due date is not quite 2 weeks away, but both of the other girls were early, so I am hoping for sometime this week.  (Actually I was hoping for today as both of the other girls were born on Sunday, but I don't know if that will happen.)  Kyle took the day off on Friday so that I could work and I wrapped up what I need to do yesterday, so now I am ready and getting antsy.  I didn't really have this with either of the other girls as they both came earlier than I had expected.  Also, I was not nearly as uncomfortable with either of them - at least not that I remember anyways.

Well, to continue on with some of our past photos, I took the girls on a couple morning trips in March & April to get out of the house.

I was going a little stir crazy during busy season, so I called up my mom & sister and we met at the local zoo that we have been to many times before (admission is only $2). 

Watching the bear. (Isn't Katelyn getting sooooo tall?)

Me & My girls :-)


Brooklyn & cousin Micah brushing the goats.  These two are good buddies.

Katelyn petting the goats.

Feeding the ducks at the pond after the zoo.

Feeding ducks with Grandma.

My cousin Flora also called me up and mentioned that she was taking her 3 boys to a farm close to my house with a home-schooling group that she is part of, so we tagged along.  It is an educational farm that gives tours and is pretty much right around the corner from my house, but we had never been there before.

Each of the kids was going to be a 'farmer' by the end of the day, and Katelyn still talks about how she became a farmer.  They children were able to pick some items out of the garden to feed to the goats, ducks and chickens.  They also saw many other animals.  Brooklyn milked a cow (twice!), but I was helping her out, so I didn't get a picture of that.  Katelyn was not quite adventurous enough to milk the cow.
Taking the food they picked from the garden to the other animals.

Listening to them talk about this huge cow.

Waiting their turn to milk a cow.

After the tour, we ate a picnic lunch with my cousin and her kids.

Katelyn hanging out with her 2nd cousin Ethan (4 months apart in age).


On a side note, it appears that Katelyn is wearing the same shirt on both trips.  She absolutely loves the color orange, so she wears it any chance she gets.  Brooklyn would probably choose purple everyday, even though she will tell you her favorite color is blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment