Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Cousin Time & Fish Hatchery

Last week I took the girls for a short visit to visit my sisters and their babies.  We met them at the fish hatchery in Victorville and then went out to lunch.  They have all sizes of rainbow trout that they use to stock rivers and lakes in most of Southern California. 



They had a machine that dispensed food for the fish and the girls LOVED it!  The fish would splash and jump when the threw the food in.  I was surprised how well Brooklyn did with it, but she would get furious when I tried to take the food cup away from her.  I was also surprised Brooklyn never attempted to put it in her own mouth - my baby is getting older :-(.  (Sad about her getting older, not sad about her not putting fish food in her mouth.) 


The hatchery didn't seem huge, but one of the workers told us that there were over 2.5 MILLION fish there.  I told Katelyn to tell her daddy that, but that number is so large it doesn't make any sense to her and so she couldn't remember it. 

We will likely be making trips back to the hatchery and hope to meet my cousin & her boys there in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment