Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Couponing Again

I don't post about my coupon shopping trips very often.  In part because I don't consider myself an 'extreme couponer.'  Also, I haven't been doing a whole lot of couponing yet this year because busy season was so nuts and so long and I usually go to the stores in the evening when Kyle gets home from work.  Well, I had a good shopping trip this week that I think might motivate me to get back into the swing of things.  A couple weeks ago our closet where I keep all the cereal was basically empty and I actually paid full price for cereal a couple of times (not something I do very often).  It is now overflowing again with cereal as there have been a lot of good sales and a couple good trips (I aim to never pay more than $1.67 a box).

On Tuesday of this week, I went to Ralphs and purchased all of the following for a total of $25.03.  My receipt shows a savings of $82.68.  The highest cost items were actually the potatoes I needed for dinner that night, followed by the grapes (which were still a pretty good sale).



I get most of my shopping ideas from different couponing blogs that match the sales ads for the week with the coupons to get the best deals.  I just found a new website that has good matchups for our local grocery stores (www.ocdealmama.com  I also use www.southerncalisaver.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment