Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Grandpa & Grandma visit from MN & my Birthday

Wow!  It has been a crazy couple of weeks with a construction project going on at our house (pics and more info to come soon, I promise).  However, I am still behind in my blogging, so forgive me if I start to cram too much into each post.

At the end of June, Kyle's parents came to visit for a week.  As usual, the girls loved all the attention.

The Friday they were here was my Birthday (last one of my 20's! AHHHH!).  We went for a hike that morning near Arcadia to Sturtevant Falls (SP?).  Kyle really wanted to do a hike, even though it was supposed to be 100+ that day, so we set out early and took a hike that was mostly shaded.  It was by far the longest hike we have taken the girls on since they were large enough to walk it.  We ended up carrying Brooklyn in the hiking backpack and Katelyn on shoulders for the last little bit (which is also the steepest, most up-hill portion).  But, overall, they both did great and I think we all had a good time.

Most of the trail is along a stream.


The falls

Feeling the water.
Friday night we went to BJ's Pizza for dinner. I really enjoy my birthday Pizzookies there.  I wonder how many birthdays I have celebrated at a BJ's?  Quite a few, I know that.  Because I share a birthday with my Gramm, the whole family got together at my aunt & uncle's house on Saturday.
Love my Grandma!  Here we are singing Happy Birthday.

Our mornings were busy the 2nd half of their trip because Katelyn started swimming lessons (Pics to come in a different post).  Grandpa and grandma were able to see her start swimming, which was pretty cool.  On Monday, after swim lessons, we took the girls to their first movie in the theater!!! We saw Monster's University.  It got a little long (especially with 25 mins. of previews), but overall, I think they had a great time.





As they were leaving on the 3rd of July, we decided to buy fireworks and celebrate with them a few nights early on Monday night.  We are allowed to do fireworks in the street, as long as they do not shoot up into the air.

Eating dessert while Daddy sets up the fireworks.

The following Tuesday was Dad & Mom's 30th Anniversary!  We joined their celebration and went to the beach and to Ruby's on the pier for dinner.  (Don't worry, they were taking a whole anniversary trip shortly after they returned from CA.)  Evidently I did not take my camera out at the beach as I don't seem to have any pictures.   On Wednesday we drove Grandpa & Grandma to LAX and stopped on the way to have lunch with Daddy.   - It was a great, exhausting week :-).






No comments:

Post a Comment