Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crazy Busy Week

The week after Grandpa & Grandma left (which was also the week after the 4th of July) was a crazy week for us. As I mentioned earlier, Katelyn was enrolled in swimming lessons.  It was a 2 week, 30 minutes everyday class.  She loved it and her teacher.  There were 5 kids in her class, one of whom was a little girl about her age that she really enjoyed talking to during class.

Normally, when Katelyn is swimming with me, she has a nervous giggle the entire time she is in the water or whenever I ask her to try something.  It was very encouraging to see her get past this with her instructor.  The area of the pool where her class was was only 2 1/2 feet deep - perfect.  While she didn't pass to the next class (I didn't expect her to), she did learn a lot of things and I thought she did great for her age.  She does very well at putting her whole head in the water, kicking with the kickboard (assisted) and blowing bubbles.  Also important is that we are trying to get her into environments with other kids and an adult to listen to besides mommy & daddy.  (I just signed her up for soccer this past week - to start in September!)
These pics were taken on her first day.



Now, just swim lessons alone each day would not be too bad, but it was also the week of Vacation Bible School (VBS) at our church.  Our church has an evening program from 5:30 to 8:30, with dinner included.  This was Katelyn's first year and she had a blast.  Her Sunday School teacher from last year was also her VBS teacher, so she was really excited about that.  I helped out with crafts and Brooklyn was in the nursery until Kyle could come pick her up.  The theme was a camping theme, called 'Upward Bound.'  My kids usually go to bed well before 8, and with swimming in the morning Katelyn was exhausted.  If I had to do it again, I would probably pull her out at 8, before closing exercises (I'm writing this down so that I will hopefully remember to pull out Brooklyn next year).
Katelyn and the crafts she made at VBS (Chime, magnetic picture frame, backpack - which she used to carry her things all week, beaded necklace, and doorhanger).

Let's just say I was very glad on Friday evening when everything was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment