Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Life & Love

It's amazing how quickly life keeps moving.

It appears the kids are finally getting over their coughs, colds, runny noses.  I have probably missed more church over the last few months than ever before in my life.  I think I have been absent more than I have been there and I am missing it.  So, Lord willing, I hope to back in church this Sunday.

As it seems all homeowners do, we have a never ending list of projects we want to complete.  2 weekends ago, Kyle completed one of the projects by putting in a new sink & faucet in the girls bathroom.  It looks great.  I have yet to get a picture of the finished product because the bathroom hasn't had a deep clean yet - oh well. . .



That evening, when the work was all done, we went for dinner at Chipotle and then for a walk around the outdoor mall by us.  We spent some time hanging out in Barnes and Noble, which the kids loved.

The fountain was off, but the lights were still on.  This is Brooke & Madison in the middle.  The big girls were never slow enough for a non-blurry picture.


This is how the girls tell me what they want from the library.  I snap a picture and get it the next time I put books on hold.
Katelyn came home from school with some sightword books about a month ago, but she already knew how to read all the words, so she has been taking 2 lists each week and learning how to spell them.  She has a spelling test each week and is doing great!  The words get significantly harder each week.


As usual, Valentine's Day was a pretty big deal around our house.  I did much lower key than normal, but the girls handmade Valentines cards for many people and Katelyn celebrated for the first time at school.
 
Katelyn made a bunch of cards like these all on her own.

Katelyn and her Valentines card holder from school (I need to work on my picture taking).


Food in the hair has been common lately, but this was a little ridiculous.


We also planted some flowers last weekend.  Our snapdragons are still alive from last fall and they are quite large, so we left them in.  

We have had some great weather this week and the girls enjoyed playing outside now that they are feeling better.
Snack time!

We also had some visitors.  Visitors are usually required to read to one or more children in our house.
Madison with my Grandma & Aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment