Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Baby #3 is on the way!

That's right, as I alluded to in my post on our trip to Dana Point, we are expecting baby #3!  Our due date is May 29, which is also Brooklyn's 3rd birthday.  We are expecting another GIRL!!!

The beginning of the pregnancy was a little more worrisome than my others as I had a condition called subchorionic hemorrhage/bleed.  This gave us quite the scare and we had two trips two the emergency room at 12 and 15 weeks.  I had a weekend of bed rest and a couple of months of 'taking it easy.'  The Lord has been gracious and the condition has now been completely resolved and there is no longer a risk to the pregnancy.

We announced we were expecting after the first ER visit, which was the first time I as able to see the baby ultrasound.  We found out we were having a girl during the second ER visit at 15 weeks.

Although she doesn't move a ton, I can feel our little girl moving regularly with more movements each day.  We are now a little over 26 weeks along with a little over 3 months to go.  My other girls were 7 and 11 days early, so I am hoping that our newest addition will be a little early as well.

Here I am at 23 weeks (when we were at Dana Point).
We have lots of things to do in the next month or so in order to get ready for the baby (I like to be ready early).  To begin with, we need a name.  While we don't plan to let others know the name until she comes, I would like to decide on one for peace of mind.  Our plan for bedrooms is to keep the nursery as the nursery and move Brooklyn into Katelyn's room so that they can share.  We are trying to find a bunk bed that will work.  We also need to add another rack in the closet for Brooklyn's clothing.

These are the beautiful flowers my wonderful husband brought me when I told him the news.  He asked for 5 flowers for 5 members of our family, but the lady didn't listen very well.



The girls are very excited about getting a new sister and talk about it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment