Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fall Day Trips

We had a couple of fun day trips in the fall.

Near the end of November, we took a trip up to Lake Arrowhead with my parents and sister's family.  It was rather cold when we were there.  We of course had breakfast at the waffle house that we like there; then we spent some time feeding the ducks and walking through town.

It had snowed earlier that week and on the way home, we stopped by some snow and let the girls play for a few minutes.  They thought it was great to throw snow balls at all the adults.  We also took our Christmas photo by the snow.

The entire family.

Feeding the ducks.

Playing with the trains at the toy store.
Cousins!  (Katelyn insisted on wearing her rain boots for the entire day.)



This one was our Christmas photo.

Girls with Grandpa & Grandma.

Such a blast throwing snowballs.




I purchased a great deal on Living Social a while back for Pretend City, a children's museum in Orange County.  It was very near my aunt's house, so she joined us there for the afternoon.  It was similar to the museum we went when we visited Minnesota last Christmas, but I do think I preferred the museum in South Dakota as it was a little more spread out with more variety (and much cheaper at normal price).

B at 'the Beach.'

Katelyn performing on stage.

B working at the grocery store.

Katelyn the artist.

Puzzles with Auntie C.
There were lots of other areas in the museum too - a restaurant, doctor's offices, water play, and Brooklyn's favorite, the small fire engine she kept going back to.  Unfortunately, some of my pics of those areas were too blurry.  I think I was still getting used to using the camera on my phone at that point.


I love making such fun memories with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment